About Our School
Nicol Mere is a medium sized friendly primary school where expectations for hard work and successful outcomes are supported through fun learning and “tough love”.
The school comprises of two spacious buildings, housing our Junior and Infant children from the age of 4yrs until 11yrs, when we support their transition to High School.
The school has been extended over recent years and has subsequently undergone a series of further improvements. This extension has provided us with substantial space; including two large halls and purpose built IT suites in both buildings. Classrooms are very well resourced and are lively, exciting environments.
Our exclusive large children’s Reception area boasts excellent classroom resources and an outdoor play area with its own meadow and small wood. Our most recent addition is that of a superb outdoor Reception play shelter. Further recent building work has provided a complete refurbishment and extension to our Visitor’s Office Reception, which includes a comfortably furnished Community Room with its own facilities and a smart new meeting room.
We are proud of a fully resourced Early Years Unit for children aged 3 years old, a breakfast/evening/holiday Child Care Club, an extensive Year 6 suite and exceptional playground facilities. The latter includes dance stages, climbing frames, organised lunch time games, football cages, adventure trim trail and shelter canopies.
We also offer parent support sessions and swift and easy referral to a wide range of specialist support services.
Nicol Mere is linked with a local Children’s Centre and will be able to provide wider community access to school facilities such as IT, sport and adult learning.
At Nicol Mere we:
– Feel valued and respected, safe and secure
– Are able to celebrate our own achievements with humility and be generous in the celebration of the achievements of others
– Face challenges and learn from experiences
– Are adaptable to the demands of an ever changing society
– Are polite and pleasant, even in difficult circumstances
– Always have high standards and expectations
– Take responsibility for our own actions
– Work co-operatively as part of a team
– Encompass the values and aims of Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship within a happy and positive environment in which each individual can develop to their full potential socially, spiritually, physically and academically.